When I first sat down with Carmen Hubbs and Ashley Wilson of Rise Above Violence to learn more about their organization , a statement Carmen made both set me back in my chair, and deeply endeared me to her passion...
"Our goal is to work our way out of a job."
I knew I could get behind that. I have always felt it is the responsibility and privilege of the common people, to provide, protect and support those who are need of provision, protection and support.
Rise Above Violence has a primary mission to assist victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, and they are making a big difference in Archuleta County.
April was Sexual Assault Awareness month, so Sherpa Real Estate made the decision to donate proceeds from several of our real estate transactions to them.
IT IS BECAUSE OF OUR TRUSTING CLIENTS THAT PARTNER WITH US, THAT WE ARE ALL ABLE TO IMPACT OUR COMMUNITY.
They have made certain that…
- Over 400 victims of violence will have immediate access to an advocate 24-hours a day.
- 900 students receive valuable education on keeping themselves and their peers safe.
- Nearly 100 victims have an advocate with them, in person, immediately after a traumatic event, any time day or night.
- Spanish-speaking individuals receive the same quality of advocacy and support services as all others do.
- 200 victims fully understand, engage in and exercise their rights through civil and criminal justice advocacy.
- 50 middle and high school students, women and children can attend support groups to receive counseling and therapeutic assistance.
- Men, women and children will not be homeless or destitute due to their victimization. Over 40 will have help with rent, utilities, food, childcare, and transportation.
- Over 25 girls grades 3rd – 6th can participate in Girls on the Run, a national girl empowerment program, strengthening self-image and promoting anti-bullying and respect of diversity in others.
- Over 30 middle school wrestlers will participate in Coaching Boys to Men, teaching core values of respect and equality.
EVERYONE HAS THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO LIVE FREE FROM VIOLENCE. AS AN ALLIED PARTNER WITH SHERPA, YOU ENSURE THIS RIGHT IS AFFORDED ALL CITIZENS OF PAGOSA SPRINGS, COLORADO.
Thank you to all the hard working people at RAV that give of themselves to this great endeavor!